The dentists and staff of The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry are committed to the safety and overall wellness of our patients. We have always adhered to all guidelines from the ADA, OSHA and local governing bodies when it comes to infection control practices in our office. We want all patients to feel safe, comfortable and confident in the level of care and protection from exposure to illnesses when visiting with us. Our office has instituted additional infection control protocols to meet and exceed new recommendations from the CDC for the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 or the coronavirus.
We ask that if you are sick or have been exposed to the coronavirus that you call our office to reschedule your appointment. If you have recently traveled please wait at least 14 days after returning to visit our office. These rules will remain in place until it is no longer a recommendation of the CDC or any local governing bodies and are designed to protect all patients and staff.
COVID-19 Protocols: What to Expect
You will notice some new changes in our office from the time you enter the waiting room, all of which are designed and in place to protect you and our staff from the spread of infection:
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for fewer people in the office and allow extra time for thorough disinfection between patients. This will also be an ongoing process in all office areas daily.
- All patients will have their temperature and pulse ox taken upon arrival and be asked to complete a brief screening questionnaire. This avoids possible contamination if someone is otherwise asymptomatic.
- Hand sanitizer will be used by all patients upon entering the office. Patients will also be asked to wash hands before being treated.
- Face masks are to be worn when not being treated in the office.
- All staff will be wearing appropriate PPE at all times.
ADS Extraoral Dental Suction Systems
Dry Shield and ADS Extraoral Dental Suction Systems are used when treating patients to reduce or eliminate the transmission of aerosol particles. We will also be installing ADS extra-oral suction units in each operator.
Surgically Clean Air Jade filtration devices will be set up in each room in our dental office. These devices consist of HEPA filtration and UV-C light to destroy all viruses and bacteria. Surgically Clean Air’s purifiers use multi-stage air purifying technologies that work together to clean, purify, and re-energize the indoor air. The six-stage filtration system captures:
- Dust particles
- Volatile organic chemicals (VOCs)
- Odors (like formaldehyde and smoke)
Air filtration devices filter out these particles as well as many other pollutants that are found in the inside air in workplaces. The negative ion generator used to filter air makes our offices air feel more pure, clean and energized to help combat fatigue. For an air purifier to deliver its benefits throughout the indoor space it needs to move large volumes of air through its filtration system effectively without impacting those people that are closest to it or being too loud.
Questions or Concerns About Patient Safety?
If you have questions about our infection control protocols or concerns about visiting our office please call our front desk. We will gladly answer your questions and can provide further details about your upcoming patient experience. Our goal is to continue to provide the highest standard of dental care using the safest practices available for reducing the spread of infection.