Skokie Emergency Dentist
At The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry, we understand that dental emergencies can happen at any time. That’s why we offer emergency dentistry services to our patients in Skokie, IL.
What is Considered a Dental Emergency?
There are a few different types of dental emergencies that we see at The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry. Some of the most common include:
- Toothaches: A toothache is often a sign of an infection, which can become extremely painful if left untreated. If you have a toothache that is accompanied by swelling, fever, or pain that radiates to your jaw or ear, you should seek emergency dental care as soon as possible.
- Knocked Out Tooth: If you have knocked out a tooth, it is important to act quickly. Rinse the tooth off (but do not scrub it) and try to place it back in the socket. If that is not possible, put the tooth in a cup of milk or water and bring it with you to the dentist.
- Cracked or Chipped Tooth: A cracked or chipped tooth can be extremely painful. Rinse your mouth out with warm water and apply a cold compress to the outside of your mouth to reduce swelling. Then, call our office so we can schedule an appointment for you as soon as possible.
- Crowns: A dental crown can be used to protect a cracked or chipped tooth. We will take an impression of your tooth and send it to a lab, where they will create your custom crown. Once the crown is ready, we will cement it into place.
- Tooth Extractions: If you have an infected tooth, we may need to perform a tooth extraction. This can help to relieve pain and prevent the infection from spreading.
- Root Canals: A root canal can be used to treat an infected tooth. During this procedure, we will remove the infected tissue and clean out the inside of the tooth. Then, we will fill the tooth and seal it to prevent further infection.
How Can Emergency Dentistry Help Me?
Emergency dentistry can help you in a number of ways. If you are experiencing a toothache, emergency dentistry can help to relieve the pain and discomfort that you are feeling. If you have broken a tooth, emergency dentistry can help to repair the damage and prevent further damage from occurring.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, don’t hesitate to contact The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry. We offer emergency dentistry services to our patients in Skokie, IL. We have a team of experienced and skilled dental professionals who are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to our patients.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment!