If you are missing one or more teeth, Dr. Abraham Stein of The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry can work with you to restore health and function to your smile. We provide an extensive range of tooth replacement options for patients who are missing one or more of their natural teeth. As a highly trained prosthodontist, Dr. Stein has dedicated many years to advancing his skill and knowledge in the restoration and replacement of the natural teeth.
After an in-depth examination, Dr. Stein can determine if a dental bridge or another type of restoration is right for your smile. Visit our Skokie, IL dentist office to explore your tooth replacement options.
Common Types of Dental Bridges
We offer a wide range of dental bridge options to replace missing teeth. During your comprehensive exam, Dr. Stein or Dr. Weiss will assess the condition of your smile, review your cosmetic goals, and make personalized recommendations based on your needs.
Types of Bridges:
- Traditional bridge: A bridge with one or several artificial teeth that are supported by two natural teeth and topped with dental crowns.
- Cantilever bridge: One natural tooth is used to support the dental bridge. A dental crown is placed on the natural tooth and the artificial tooth is fitted into place through the neighboring dental crown.
- Implant-supported bridge: An implant bridge is supported using dental implants instead of the adjacent teeth. This type of restoration is used to replace multiple, consecutive missing teeth.
- Maryland bridge: This type of bridge uses metal or porcelain connectors to support the artificial teeth.
Choosing A Implant-Supported Dental Bridge
An implant-supported restoration offers many benefits for patients with missing teeth, including:
- Preserves more of the remaining natural teeth: A traditional dental bridge relies on the neighboring teeth for support; over time, this can affect the integrity of the anchoring teeth. With an implant-supported bridge, the dental bridge relies on the implants instead of the neighboring teeth.
- Resembles your natural teeth: Implant-supported bridges are designed with the patient’s needs in mind. We can replicate natural teeth by using high-quality materials and modern techniques.
- Improved stability: Dental implants can provide a stable foundation for a dental bridge. With an implant-supported restoration, patients can chew, speak, and eat comfortably.
Replace Missing Teeth With A Dental Bridge In Skokie, IL
If you are searching for the right tooth replacement option for your smile, visit The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry for the care you need. We offer a wide range of tooth replacement options, including dental bridges and implant-supported bridges, to fit your oral health needs, cosmetic goals, and budget. To explore your options and learn more about restorative dentistry, visit our Skokie, IL dentist office for a consultation. Schedule your appointment by calling 847.920.4747 or request an appointment online.