Our team at The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry are committed to helping each of our patients achieve a healthy smile. General dentistry is the foundation of any full-service dental practice. Through general dentistry, we can employ patient education services, routine dental check-ups, and regular exams and cleanings to helping our patients improve their oral health.
Most dentists recommend patients visit the dentists at least twice a year for routine dental exams and professional cleanings. If you have not scheduled one of your biannual dental exams, contact our Skokie, IL dentist office to schedule your appointment.
The Importance of Preventive Dentistry
Removing plaque and tartar is key to maintaining healthy teeth and gums. When plaque and tartar are not adequately removed, the bacteria in these substances can attach your teeth and gums. While regular brushing and flossing can remove plaque, they cannot remove tartar. Tartar can only be removed by a dental hygienist or dentist during a professional dental cleaning. Dental cleanings can not only improve the health of your smile, but they can also brighten your tooth enamel.
We recommend patients visit our dental office in Skokie at least twice a year for their comprehensive dental exam, professional cleaning, and screenings. This visit allows our team to assess the condition of your dental health and make any treatment recommendations as we see fit. Taking a proactive approach to your dental health may save you time and money in the future. Visit our team can get a head start on your dental health.
General Dentistry Services
Learn more about the general dentistry services we offer in our Skokie, IL dentist office:
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Emergency Dentistry
- Tooth Extractions
- Fluoride Treatments
- Oral Cancer Screenings
- Comprehensive Oral Exam
- Dental Fillings
- Periodontal Therapy
- Patient Education
- Oral Hygiene Best Practices
- Dental Cleanings
What to Expect During Your Visit
During your visit, Dr. Stein or Dr. Weiss will perform a comprehensive evaluation to check the health and function of your teeth, gums, jaw, and mouth. In addition, you can expect:
- A thorough discussion of your oral hygiene routine: The way you care for your teeth can influence the health and function of your teeth and gums. Our team can recommend the best practices to ensure you are making the most of your oral hygiene routine.
- Perform a bite analysis: We will check for signs of bruxism and bite disorders during your evaluation. If we notice any signs of bruxism or a misaligned bite, we can recommend the best treatment options for your needs.
- Screen for oral cancer: Early diagnosis for oral cancer can allow patients to receive the treatment they need and improve their success rate. We perform routine oral cancer screenings at least once a year during your regular screening and oral exam.
- Check existing tooth restoration: Damaged or missing filling can cause dental pain and tooth sensitivity. We will check the condition of your dental restorations and determine if further treatment is needed.
Visit Our Skokie, IL Dentist Office
If you are searching for a family dentist in Skokie, visit our team at The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry. Dr. Zachary Weiss and Dr. Abraham Stein are highly skilled dentists who are committed to helping each of our patients improve the health and function of their smile. We offer an extensive range of dental treatments to meet the dental needs of each member of your family. To schedule an appointment, call 847.676.3500 or request an appointment online.