What is Prosthodontics?
Prosthodontics focuses on the restoration and replacement of natural teeth. More specifically, a prosthodontist undergoes advanced training in dental issues relating to missing teeth, damaged teeth, and complex dental problems.
Dr. Abraham Stein is an experienced and highly-skilled prosthodontist in Skokie, IL. He specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of complex dental problems such as missing teeth. He provides comprehensive care to improve the function and health of your mouth.
The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry provides full mouth reconstruction plans to address missing and damaged teeth. You should address dental concerns regarding the health and function of your natural teeth as soon as possible. Fortunately, our experienced dentists have the knowledge, advanced technology, and dental experience to provide high-quality prosthodontics near you.
Treatment Options For Missing or Damaged Teeth
After an in-depth discussion and evaluation, our prosthodontist may provide one or more of these treatments to address your needs:
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin ceramic shells cover the front and sides of your teeth to improve the appearance of your smile.
- Full Set of Dentures: This tooth replacement option comes in many options, including partial, full, and implant-supported dentures. Custom dentures can improve your bite’s chewing function and dental health.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are one of the most viable solutions to replace one or more teeth. Our dentist surgically places implants in your jaw. Once they heal, they can support a dental bridge, dental crown, or complete denture.
- Dental Crowns: A crown replaces the visible portion of the tooth. Crowns stabilize a tooth after a root canal and fix damaged, cracked, or fractured teeth.
- TMJ Disorder Treatment: A TMJ disorder occurs when you have inflamed joints in your jaw. Patients with TMJ may notice symptoms like headaches, facial pain, and tooth damage. Our prosthodontist may recommend bite guards, physical therapy, or another treatment to alleviate your symptoms and restore function to your jaw joints.
- Dental Bridges: A dental bridge can replace one or more teeth. Depending on your needs, a prosthodontist may recommend a fixed dental bridge.
Full Mouth Rehabilitation
A full mouth rehabilitation is a comprehensive treatment plan that we create to address many dental issues. We also call this process a smile makeover. It’s best for patients who are missing several of their teeth or who have extensive damage to their natural teeth. Our prosthodontist plays a vital role in the planning and execution of your treatment plan.
At The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry, we invite patients to visit our office for a full mouth reconstruction consultation. During your consultation, Dr. Stein will assess your dental needs and perform the necessary testing to build a comprehensive treatment plan. We will tailor each procedure in the plan to make sure we provide the best results. As a full-service dental practice, we offer a complete range of general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry treatments.
What is fixed restorative prosthodontics?
Fixed restorative prosthodontics deals with restoring teeth using crowns, bridges, veneers, etc. These types of prosthodontics are permanent treatment options.
How much does prosthodontics cost?
The price range of prosthodontics varies depending on the placement and number of teeth. It can vary between $1,000 to several thousands of dollars.
Can a prosthodontist extract teeth?
Prosthodontists specialize in tooth restoration. These specialists can remove teeth, but tooth extractions are not their main focus. Prosthodontists provide restoration options that involve dental prosthetics.
What is the purpose of prosthodontics?
The purpose of prosthodontics in our Skokie, IL, dental office is to ensure that your mouth is functional and looks natural. Our prosthodontists’ job is to rebuild natural teeth and restore missing ones with a variety of artificial replacement options.
Are crowns considered prosthodontics?
Yes, crowns are a type of dental prosthodontics. We use crowns to repair chipped teeth. Since their purpose is restorative, getting dental crowns is a prosthodontics treatment.
Do Prosthodontists preform root canals?
Prosthodontists will place dental crowns on teeth after a root canal, but they will not preform the actual root canal procedure. You will need our general dentist to provide a root canal treatment. A prosthodontist is a specialist that you visit after a root canal procedure to get a dental crown.
Visit us for affordable prosthodontics in Skokie, IL. Learn more about your treatment options for missing or damaged teeth at The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry. Our experienced team of specialists provide a full range of treatment options to address your oral health needs. To schedule an appointment, call 847-750-3125 or request an appointment online.