What is Prosthodontics?
Prosthodontics focuses on the restoration and replacement of natural teeth. More specifically, a prosthodontist undergoes advanced training in dental issues relating to missing teeth, damaged teeth, and complex dental problems revolving around the function and health of your bite. As an experienced prosthodontist in Skokie, IL, Dr. Albert Stein is highly skilled in the diagnosis and treatment of complex dental problems and offers comprehensive care to improve the function and health of your smile.
Whether you are searching for a dentist who offers full mouth reconstruction or cosmetic dentistry to address missing or damaged teeth, our team at The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry can work with you to coordinate the care you need. When dealing with dental concerns regarding the health and function of your natural teeth, it is vital to work with an experienced dentist who is committed to continuing education, advanced technology, and dental excellence.
Treatment Options For Missing or Damaged Teeth
After an in-depth discussion and evaluation, a prosthodontist may employ one or more these treatments to address your dentistry needs:
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin ceramic shells cover the front and sides of the teeth to improve the appearance of your smile.
- Dentures: This tooth replacement option comes in many options, including partial full, and implant-supported. Custom dentures can improve the function and the appearance of your smile.
- Dental Implants: When it comes to replacing one or more teeth, dental implants can be one of the most viable solutions. Implants are surgically placed in the jaw, and once they heal, they are used to support a dental bridge, dental crown, or denture.
- Dental Crowns: A crown replaces the visible portion of the tooth. Crowns are placed to stabilize a tooth after a root canal or to address damaged, cracked, or fractured teeth.
- TMJ Disorder: TMJ disorder occurs when the joints in the haw become inflamed. Patient with TMJ may notice symptoms like headaches, facial pain, and tooth damage. A prosthodontist may recommend bite guards, physical therapy, or another solution to alleviate your symptoms and restore function to your jaw joints.
- Bridges: A dental bridge can replace one or more teeth. Depending on your needs, a prosthodontist may recommend a fixed dental bridge.
Full Mouth Rehabilitation
For patients who are missing several of their teeth or who have extensive damage to their natural teeth, full mouth reconstruction or a smile makeover may be the next step. Whether it is a smile-makeover or full mouth reconstruction, a prosthodontist can play in a vital role in the planning and execution of your treatment.
At The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry, we invite patients to visit our office for a consultation with Dr. Stein. During your consultation, Dr. Stein can assess your dental needs and perform the necessary testing to determine which treatment is right for you. As a full-service dental practice, we offer a complete range of general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry treatments that can be tailored to create a comprehensive treatment plan that is right for you.
Visit An Experienced Skokie, IL Prosthodontist
Learn more about your treatment options for missing or damaged teeth at The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry in Skokie, IL. Our experienced team of dentists offers a full range of treatment options to address your needs. To schedule an appointment, call 847.920.4747 or request an appointment online.