At The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry, we offer full-service dental implants for patients who are missing one or several teeth. Dr. Abraham Stein has undergone advanced restorative and implant dentistry training and is currently in the top 1% of dentists in the country who offer the revolutionary All-On-Four® treatment option. We believe in relationship dentistry and take the time to understand your specific needs and provide personalized care to address them.
If you are unsatisfied with the appearance of your smile due to missing teeth, visit our Skokie, IL dentist office for a dental implant consultation. Dr. Stein and Dr. Weiss can assess the condition of your smile and determine if dental implants are right for you.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small titanium post that is surgically placed into the jawbone and are used to replace one or more missing teeth. For patients who are missing one tooth, an implant can serve as a safe, durable foundation for a custom dental crown. For patients who are missing several or all their teeth, a few strategically placed implants can be used to support a custom dental bridge or custom denture.
As an experienced implant dentist and prosthodontist in Skokie, IL, Dr. Stein is committed to dental excellence. He utilizes high-end dental technology in the planning, implantation, and restoration of all types of dental implants. This allows us to provide our patients with the most detailed, accurate, and comfortable results. It also allows us to take the guesswork out of the implant procedure. By using tools like the Osstell IDx, a small handheld device, we are able to take a noninvasive approach to assess implant stability and viewing every stage of the osseointegration process.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer many benefits for patients with missing teeth. They are designed to look, feel, and function like your natural teeth so you chew and speak confidently again. In addition, implants offer these key advantages:
- Restores function: Missing teeth can affect the way to eat and speak; however, by replacing missing teeth with dental implants, you can eat without worry of slippage and speak with confidence again.
- Improve your dental health: Tooth loss can lead to bone tissue loss and cause your remaining teeth to shift. In advanced cases, it can increase your risk of additional tooth loss.
- Prevent bone loss: When you experience tooth loss, it can lead to jaw bone deterioration. Implants fuse into the jawbone during a process called osseointegration. Once the implants complete the osseointegration process, they can help stimulate the jaw bone and prevent future bone loss.
- A long-lasting solution for tooth loss: Implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth. With proper care and maintenance, your implants can look and function like your natural teeth.
Am I A Candidate For Dental Implants?
When determining if you are an ideal candidate for dental implants, there are several factors all patients may want to consider. During your consultation, Dr. Stein and Dr.Weiss will discuss your medical history, cosmetic goals, and oral health needs to determine which restorative solution best suits your needs. Keep in mind certain types of medical conditions may affect your eligibility for dental implants.
When determining candidacy for dental implants, our team will assess your smile for the following:
- Bone tissue density: Traditionally, patients needed an adequate amount of healthy bone tissue to be used to support a dental implant. However, with techniques such as bone grafting or sinus lift surgery, we can strengthen the bone and allow patients to undergo implantation surgery.
- Gum tissue health: Periodontal disease should be treated before placing dental implants. In advanced cases, the infection can spread to the jaw.
- Medical issues: Any medical issue that may hinder your body’s ability to heal after the implant placement.
While there are a few factors that may impact a patient’s chance of receiving dental implants, there are many techniques we can employ to allow patients who weren’t ideal candidates for a dental implant in the past, candidates for the dental implant procedure. In many cases, patients are able to undergo a successful implant procedure and achieve the smile of their dreams.
All-On-Four in Skokie, IL
This advanced method in implant dentistry allows a dentist to use as few as four dental implants to support a full arch of teeth. All-on-Four can be used to support the upper or lower jaw and immediately replace several missing teeth. All-on-Four implants not only look and feel like your natural teeth, but they can also function like them.
For patients with extensive bone loss in the jaw, All-on-Four can be a viable option to replace their missing teeth. The implants are placed at an angle, which may eliminate the need for bone grafting. To position the implants in the best position, our team uses state-of-the-art dental technology to assess the condition and health of the oral cavity, including the jaw bone. This allows our team to gain a more comprehensive view of your mouth and determine the most appropriate location to place your implants.
All-on-Four is often recommended for patients who need to replace most of the natural teeth. They are even an option for patients with low bone density who may not be ideal candidates for the bone grafting procedure. As one of the dentists in the top 1% of dentist in the country for the All-on-Four treatment option, Dr. Stein possesses the skill, knowledge, and clinical acumen needed to transform your smile with All-on-Four. If you would like to determine if All-on-Four is right for you, contact our office for a consultation.
Restore Missing Teeth With Dental Implants in Skokie, IL
If you are searching for a solution for missing teeth, you may want to consider dental implants. At The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry, we offer comprehensive treatment plans for patients with missing teeth. Our team of dentists take a patient-first approach to dentistry and work with each patient on an individual basis to deliver the care they need.
Visit our Skokie, IL dentist office for a dental implant consultation today. To schedule your appointment, call 847.920.4747 or request an appointment online.