Dr. Abraham Stein offers dental implants to patients from Wilmette, IL who suffer from missing or damage teeth. Whether you are missing one, multiple, an entire row of teeth or even all of your teeth, Dr. Stein can devise a treatment plan to replace them with dental implants. This advanced treatment option can deliver superior results that resemble natural teeth. They also offer more benefits than any other tooth replacement option.
About Dental Implants
Dental implants are now the number one recommended way to replace missing teeth by dentists. A dental implant is small, titanium, cylinder shaped post with threads that looks similar to a screw. It is surgically placed in the jaw bone to act as a tooth root and secure a dental restoration. They come in a variety of diameters and lengths to accommodate different locations along an arch.
Dr. Stein will perform all phases of the dental implant process at his dentist office near Wilmette, IL. You will not have to travel between offices saving your time and the hassle of additional bills. By having only one doctor work on your case from the beginning to the end means that your care is more precise and personalized.
Dental Implant Options
- Single Missing Tooth: Patients missing only one tooth will have a single dental implant placed in the jaw bone. A dental crown will be attached to the implant to act as the missing tooth.
- Multiple Missing Teeth: When multiple consecutive teeth are missing, two or more implant posts will be placed in the jaw bone. A custom dental bridge will be fixed to the implants.
- All Teeth are Missing: Anywhere from two to eight dental implants will be used to secure a custom denture on the arch if all the teeth are missing.
Benefits of Dental Implants
A dental implant restoration is the best solution available to replace missing teeth. They yield an incredible success rate of over 95% and have improved the quality of life for many patients. As the most natural solution available, they possess the most benefits for patients compared to other options such as removable dentures and fixed dental bridges.
- Prevents bone loss in the jaw
- Allows for greater chewing force
- Restoration will not slip around or fall out
- Will not cause slurred speech
- Feel and function like natural teeth
- Little to no food restrictions
The Cost of Dental Implants
To give patients an accurate estimate of the cost of implants, Dr. Stein must first perform an examination. However, when compared to other available options, dental implants will cost more especially initially. Replacing a single tooth can cost up to $4,500 and replacing an entire row of teeth will cost several tens of thousands of dollars. The number of missing teeth, their location and your oral health will factor in to the total cost.
It is important to remember that dental implants are an investment into your quality of life. No other teeth replacement option offers the same benefits. Other replacement options also require more care, maintenance and replacement and the cost of that may actually exceed the total cost of implants in the future. If cared for properly, your implants will last forever.
Contact The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry near Wilmette, IL to schedule a consultation and examination with Dr. Abraham Stein. During your consultation, he will determine if you qualify for dental implants. Call us today or request a consultation online to start your tooth replacement journey.